Monday, March 26, 2007

G.I. Humor



Pretty typical of GI humor. I know my short tour in Kuwait, we left probably dozens of lizards walking around the desert with all kinds of crazy messages scrawled upon this scales. Not sure where it comes from, maybe the proximity of death or just having way too much time to their hands, probably a bit of both.

Having a lot of time to think while on duty these past weeks, I've come to realize what my writing teachers have been trying to tell me years ago: I have a lot of great ideas, but I never fully develop them or follow through with them.

Most of the time I know it's just a struggle to get my thoughts down before they're gone on the express train that's my thought process. I've kept copies of everything I've written in high school and I had the stuff from college on disk until the disk went corrupt (luckily I have everything in hard copy) and sure enough, everything is great rough draft stuff, what I lack is the patience to polish it and finish it. Comes down to no longer holding my intrest, I get it out and then I'm done with it and I move on.

Even before I could remember, I've been told that I wouldn't waste my time on something that I didn't see a point to it. My mother's told me that I tried one time and one time only to suck my thumb, when I couldn't figure it out properly, I gave up it and not tried again.

Oh, not quite the picture I was looking for but he's an example of the Lambda on the side of the reactive armor. I was thinking it was a British tank, but upon closer examination I believe this is an Iserali tank. I'll have to dig through my old hard drives and see if I can find a picture of a Bradley or Abrams with the Lambda on the skirting.

Sometime this week I'm gonna head to a theater and see the Shooter, hopefully they didn't butcher the book too badly. Was always curious how long it'd take for someone to put that book out as a movie. It's based upon the book Point of Impact by Stephen Hunter. Speaking of books, I've been on another reading kick, well doesn't help having nothing really to do on an 8 hour shift guarding a 12 story-700 odd feet of ship that has all of four people on it myself included.

M'k, another shift change and I've had little sleep the last few days so it's a shower for me and off to bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ladyred said...

o that's funny.......

i have a funny one too, the soldiers dressed up a barbie or something similar and well i'd have to show it because it's just funnier to see than to describe.

i have friends in the military and the things they tell me that are done to occupy their downtime (which is a lot, depending on what they do and where they are)

12:59 PM AKDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home