Sunday, August 06, 2006

Random Thoughts

Just some random thoughts that come to me while I'm on my walks.

a) these young kids that drive around in 4x4 vehicles with lift kits and big tires but has never taken it off roading crack me up. What's the point of all that extra equipment if you're not going to use it?

b) watching the teenagers on the weekend evenings is a trip, remind me of peacocks trying to get their plumage just right. The car must be the right make/model, playing the right music, have the right rims, wearing the right clothes and driving the right speed through the same areas.

c) It's amazing how much further or how much more cooperation you get when you're pleasant to people.

d) This world has a long way to go in distinguishing the difference between serving someone and being their servant. I witnessed a woman cleaning out her purse at a fast food resteraunt and rather than take the trash 3 feet to a trash can she dumped it on the floor so the guy sweeping up could get it.

e) I am easily distinguished as an out of towner because of my preference to walking over riding.
f) It's easy to tell I come from a colder climate, my clothes are mostly dark in color.

g) Chivilary isn't quite dead but those who uphold it are few and far between.

h) people who take more then 20 items through a less then 20 item check out line bug me.

i) while starbucks is better then yuban, hills brothers, mjb, and folgers, there's still better coffee out there.

j) the youth of today need discipline, the kind that child protective servies frowns upon.

k) this world would be a better place without lawyers.

l) when I get around to buying a new computer or component a month later something newer will come out and the price on what i just bought will have gone down 50%

m) when I'm extremely tired, I will find myself spelling words correctly when I type, except they are exactly backwards.

n) I tend to be a phonetic speller

o) I hated english/grammer in school

p) I have more discount club cards then I know what to do with and 90% I will probably not use again.

q) East Coasters adapt easier to living on the West Coast but not visa versa.

r) I still haven't figured out why men are attracted to pamela anderson.

s) Things are never impossible for those who don't have to do them.

t) immitation is the sincerest form of flattery and the surest way of failure.

u) a mistake becomes a failure if you fail to learn from it.

v) I still haven't figured out how these kids aren't deaf listening to music at those levels in cars.

w) a woman who can handle firearms confidently is sexy.

x) I tend to do stupid/crazy stuff when bored. If I stay here in Virginia any longer I think I'll take sky diving lessons.

y) Its amusing to no end to see people blindly following traditions. I mean, how many people actually remember the signifigance of a bride wearing white at a wedding?

z) the wedding march comes from Wagner's A Pegan Wedding.

ok, I should probably get to bed, gotta be up again in about three hours.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ladyred said...

oh too funny. ok out of all those random thoughts though, i don't see any references to sex? ok something about that sexy woman if she's confident in firearm handling. i'm just curious because ya know, guys like think about sex like every few sexonds (ok so I'm told, and yea I"m stereotyping here haha).

ok seriously though. interesting things ya point out. oh blue jay on the porch!

shit sorry hehe. i get tickled at seeing animals on my porch. anyhow, i was going to comment on some of these but now i forgot. oh yea i like how you have exactly 26, the same amount of numbers in the alphabet!

6:10 AM AKDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home