Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I hate credit bureaus

Well, I won't hide it, I can't exactly say I've had perfet credit in the past, but I was actually surprised when I took a look at my credit report for the first time in almost a decade last night. It reflects what my philosophy is, I may not pay my debts as fast as I'd like but I do pay 'em off.

Now, once I get rested up today, I have the fun task of disputing an account that's showing up on there that is definately not mine. I have never, to the best of my recollection, dealt with this company, the type of account is not something I would have opened, it has no open date, nor any dates of notices of deliquency it's just simply there that I haven't paid it and its been refered to a collection agency, in the amount of almost $10k. Best line of credit I ever had was $3k.

This is not the first time I've had to deal with false reports showing up on my credit history, only previous times left me so pissed off, I was ready to check out my small arms out of the arms room head to one of their local offices and show them the value of accuracy.

I'll be a man and accept the mistakes I've made, correct them when I can, but I loath be accused of something I haven't done. I'm getting a sneaky suspicion that this is the root cause of my credit problems lately, I just never investigated it until now.

Just another opportunity to take charge of my life and no longer just roll over when something bad happens, I'll have to keep ya posted on what's gonna happen when I have all my ducks in a row and I start gunning for the State of South Carolina's Department of Revenue. I learned the value of keeping complete and accurate accounts from two accountants, if I can only get copies of what they have on file for taxes will decide if I press charges for forgery and/or fraud.

I'm an easy going, happy go lucky guy but push me too far and I will come after ya and I load for bear. M'k I'm done venting, so you won't have to worry about some crazed gun man shooting up some credit bureau's office here in Virginia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home