Friday, June 15, 2007

confusion, chaos and mayhem

after the past weekend, you could say my job of spreading confusion, chaos and mayhem has been completed. Served up a big shit sandwhich and nearly everyone of the ship's officers had to take a bite. The problem with the shit hitting the fan, it doesn't get distributed evenly.

The new third mate we had on ship for all of 8 days is now gone. It's his own doing but in an indirect way is my fault as well. He brough an unauthorized visitor onboard ship in violation of the Captain's orders and I didn't stop him like I was suppose to. But I figure, he's an adult, he's an officer he can deal with it and I sure as hell am not going to stand in a guys way to getting a piece of patch. Although that booty call has gotten me into more hot water then and I didn't even get a crack at it.

All the officers from the top on down to the bottom are scrambling to cover their own asses and burying us in a mound of paperwork. Haven't heard any more snide remarks after they got a look at my official witness statement. Stuck to the facts that I knew, well written, lots of detail and typed up.

I'll say one thing, there is a serious lack of standardized training onboard this ship, but yet we're getting our asses chewed out for training that we've never been properly given. Trying to decide if I want to stay on the ship for the full deployment, if I do, that's a nice chunk of change I'll be earning. If I decide I don't want to stay, all I need to do is put in a request for relief 60 days out. Down side there is it could be a little while before my next ship assignment and sitting around the "pool" for 8 hours at a time is enough to drive someone crazy.

Well, one battery is dead and I can't find a plug in, at least the wi-fi is free and fast, so a bit more research to get done before heading back to the ship for some much needed sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ladyred said...

who ratted out the guy with the piece of patch? Patch? Too funny

4:21 PM AKDT  
Blogger gus said...

it was his own stupidity, his girl walked off ship just minutes before we were scheduled to leave port, right as the captain was coming up the gangway and the chief mate was standing at gangway. if she were dressed more conservatively they might have passed her off as a last minute contractor on board, we already had a few of them on early that morning.

9:03 AM AKDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home