Saturday, April 08, 2006

A little disappointed

Ok, for those who don't know, I have a Canon Digital Rebel, forget which model exactly, so a pretty high speed digital. Now, I know I'm not real well versed in what all this thing can do but I can point and shoot fairly well.

Now, this leads up to tonight, probably THE most spectacular display of the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) I've ever seen and the damn camera kept cycling through the auto focus and wouldn't let me snap a frame. I scrambled to a total manual setting but the results don't look good, don't think it's quite light sensitive enough to pick up those displays dispite being quite bright.

The northern mountain side looks like it's back lit with a huge spot light and we're treated to Nature's own laser show. Looks to be dancing clouds in shades of green, white, red and combinations in between. Just a little too frustrated at the moment to describe what I saw that would do it any kind of justice.

Just ticks me off, the two things I wanted good shots of my own with that thing was a humpback whale breaching (which I have some ok shots) and some Northern Lights. What I'm thinking is it'll still take a film camera to get one of those and I gifted my 35mm Rebel to my oldest sister since her old fashioned Canon E-2 sprouted legs and walked off while she was on vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home