Wednesday, November 02, 2005

youth worship?

About a year and a half ago, I began to notice that I'm getting grey hairs. Ordinarily it would be tough to tell, with my hair being so thick and dense, but a silvery grey stands out rather well against a raven black hue.

I began to ask myself, is not quite 29 too early for grey hair to be showing up? Was it the burden of command, having earned my Master's license a little while earlier. Thank goodness I'm not like my oldest sister, who by the same age had considerable amounts of grey hair, which she's constantly trying to keep dyed.

Upon reflection, which I very often do, I began to come to understanding, that this was just age showing through, and the anxiety I felt was the pressure of society to look young. I don't want to look young, I want my experiences to show, that with age I've had gained wisdom, I hope.

I've grown up indoctornated that age and wisdom was something to be respected, which has me somewhat at odds with societies growing trend of worshiping youth. I know a great many times I've felt at odds with society in general, it was my own cultural background showing through along with my stubborness to keep marching to my own drum and not go with the flow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home